Rhubarb Crisp! Yay!
You wouldn’t have a reason to know this, but I’ve been trying to find a Stefan-style recipe for rhubarb crisp for a while. …and by “Stefan-style” I, of course, mean: “Extremely Simple”.
Here’s the winner. I started with this recipe from GeniusKitchen.com and modified it a little bit. …because one of the other characteristics of “Stefan-style” is that I’d rather have more tartness and less sugar…
So check out the resulting recipe below. It’s super easy, and it won three thumbs up from our three taste testers.
For the body of the crisp:
- 8 cups rhubarb, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
1) Combine the four ingredients for the body of the crisp, and put the mixture in a baking dish. (9″x13″ is a good size.)
2) Combine the four ingredients for the topping, and sprinkle it on top.
3) Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 – 40 minutes. Ta da!