Farm Crew (Part Time, 3 Positions available for the 2022 Season)
Farm crew members will participate in all farm tasks including:
- CSA distribution
The work schedule is 8am – 5pm, on Thursdays from now through November. Tuesdays from 8am – 7pm, with two hour long breaks. This person will also have the opportunity to work additional hours staffing CSA distributions on Saturdays 8am – 12:30pm.
The work days will be divided up depending on everyone’s schedule. Typically, there’s a Monday/Wednesday/Friday person, and a Tuesday/Thursday person.
Farm crew members will primarily help with harvest work.
- Hard worker. Capable of working cheerfully outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Capable of routinely lifting 50-lb. bins of vegetables.
- Someone who works quickly while also paying attention to details.
- Reliability is a must. (You show up on time, every day)
- Positive attitude is a must.
- Prior experience in farming, gardening/landscaping, or food service is preferred. Since the farm follows specific systems, farm crew members should have a “beginner’s mind” no matter their prior experience. We enjoy our work, but it is very important to keep the tasks moving by following standard operating procedures.
What We’re Offering
- Starting pay is $13 / hour
- Farm crew members will learn many aspects of chemical-free vegetable production and small-farm systems on a very focused CSA farm.
- Highly satisfying & fulfilling work with tasty, tangible results
- Delicious produce from the farm
- Chance to work outdoors in the lovely bottomland of the Delaware River
- Positive work environment, we enjoy lively conversation and fun
- Chance to interact with our friendly and highly supportive members
- There is no housing provided
Interested? Please send a resume, including references, and a cover letter to email@example.com