Tinicum CSA is a 300 member Community Supported Agriculture farm growing on 6 acres. Come learn and grow with us!
(Full & Part Time Positions Available)
Farm crew members participate in all farm tasks including:
- CSA distribution
The work schedule is 8am – 5pm, on Monday – Friday, from April through November. Once the CSA distributions begin, this person may work on Tuesdays, 8am – 12pm, and then 3pm – 7pm. This person may also have the opportunity to work additional hours staffing CSA distributions on Saturdays 8am – 12:30pm.
Farm crew members will primarily help with harvest work.
If you’re interested in only working CSA Distributions, please reach out via email as well.
If a candidate has a full season of farming experience, they may be considered for a full time position.
- Hard worker. Capable of working cheerfully outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Capable of routinely lifting 50-lb. bins of vegetables.
- Someone who works quickly while also paying attention to details.
- Reliability is a must. (You show up on time, every day)
- Positive attitude is a must.
- Prior experience in farming, gardening/landscaping, or food service is preferred.
- Since the farm follows specific systems, farm crew members should have a “beginner’s mind” no matter their prior experience. We enjoy our work, but it is very important to keep the tasks moving by following standard operating procedures.
What We’re Offering
- $15 / hour starting pay
- Farm crew members will learn many aspects of chemical-free vegetable production and small-farm systems on a very focused CSA farm.
- Highly satisfying & fulfilling work with tasty, tangible results
- Delicious produce from the farm
- Chance to work outdoors in the lovely bottomland of the Delaware River
- Positive work environment, we enjoy lively conversation and fun
- Chance to interact with our friendly and highly supportive members
Interested? Please send a resume, including 3 references, and a cover letter to email@example.com
Locals are encouraged to apply.
“I spent two great seasons working for John at Tinicum CSA along the banks of the beautiful Delaware River. Each day we worked hard and faced new problems John and the crew solved as a team. We earned many new lessons and experiences, funny moments, and the joy of growing and eating amazing food. John always made me feel valued and that he cared that my time at Tinicum CSA was not just about getting the day’s tasks done, but also about making sure I was building knowledge and skills about small-scale vegetable farming, that I could take with me to become my own independent farmer. I am grateful to have been able to spend time in such a beautiful place working hard, learning, laughing, and growing some incredible produce at Tinicum CSA. It was a truly rewarding and meaningful experience.” – Joe, 2021 – 2022
“Working outside with my hands in the earth is a true gift. At Tinicum CSA there’s always plenty of positivity and smiles, even on the hottest days. It’s a joy to be part of a team involved in the entire growing process and being able to share the bounty with the community first hand brings it all together for me.” – Sarah, 2022
“John and the crew at Tinicum are welcoming, communicative, and fun. I always felt valued and respected at work. If you’d like to efficiently and effectively help run a CSA farm, this may be the place for you!” – Nicole, 2019
“Working at Tinicum was such a special experience. Our crew really found a rhythm of hard work and laughs. John took his time to teach us how to do new and complex tasks, while also believing in our ability to work independently. This created a great environment to grow my agricultural skills.” – Elliott, 2022
“Working at Tinicum CSA, I’ve learned so much about farming, food, community, and even about myself. Farming makes you bond with your co-workers too, I always felt like I was a part of a close-knit team. It’s a fantastic experience, and working here I’ve met some of the most genuine, interesting, and caring people I know! It’s hard work, but it’s incredibly rewarding.” – Stephen, 2020 – 2022
“Working at Tinicum CSA was a joy for me, and I grew some of the finest crops of my career during my time there. It is the most organized operation I’ve ever had the pleasure to be a part of.” – Phoenix, 2019 – 2020