Hi sweet potato fans! Here’s an easy recipe I learned from my friends at Nourishing Acres Farm in Cedar Grove, NC. And now it’s my favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes. You get a delicious side dish and easy-to-use leftovers. I suggest that you try this.
1. Apply a light coat of oil to a large baking sheet.
2. Scrub the sweet potato but don’t peel it. There’s lots of good nutrients in the skin.
3. Slice the sweet potato into 1/2 inch discs.
4. Place the sweet potato discs on the baking sheet. Perhaps its good to then flip them so as to coat the top and the bottom in a little bit of the oil.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over them.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. At the 15 minute mark, you should turn them, then continue baking. Depending on your oven, you may want to bake them longer.
7. Enjoy as a side dish and if you have leftovers they may be eaten later cold or warmed up. If they are dry enough, you can use them in place of a hamburger bun. Or you can put a spoonful of peanut butter or honey on top as a delicious little dessert.
Here they are featured as a side with 2 eggs and sautéed kale.