If you’ve never had miso, this is a recipe that’ll make you a fan. Though it’s often used in soups, lighter misos work very well in salad dressings. Here is an adaptation of “Sweet Vinaigrette” taken from The Little Book of Miso. You can find out more if you go to the website of South River Miso here. For this dressing I recommend any of the light misos including the Sweet Tasting Brown Rice, Chickpea, Garlic Red Pepper, or Sweet White Miso. Enjoy!
1. Beginning with the miso, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender, except for the walnuts, scallion, parsley, and garlic scapes. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour the dressing ingredients into a bowl. By hand, toss in the chopped scallion, parsley, and scape.
3. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
4. Get ready to pour this tasty dressing over your salad!
5. Toss the kale, apples, cauliflower, and broccoli into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over it and toss.
Note: Feel free to adjust the amounts of miso, olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Also, instead of using a blender, you can simplify things by mixing up the dressing in a small mason jar. I found this to be easier and faster.