Daikon radishes make a great stir fry and they’re even better when paired with ingredients like ginger and peanuts. Daikon radishes soak up other flavors really well. The key to this recipe is the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and honey mixture. I borrowed this idea from a Bob’s Red Mill millet recipe. If you want a noteworthy dinner, try this recipe!
1. In a sauce pan bring the water to boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally. After about 10 minutes or until the water has been absorbed turn off heat and set aside.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, mince the ginger and the garlic, and chop up your onion.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and toss in the garlic, ginger, and onion. After about 2 minutes add the peanuts.
4. Stir in the daikon and carrot. After about 5 minutes or once the carrot and daikon begin to brown add the broccoli. At this point you may want to splash the stir fry with a little water and cover so that the broccoli can cook with steam for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir the quinoa in with the vegetables.
6. In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and honey. Then pour over the stir fry and mix well. Add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!