There’s been a bit of talk about gazpacho around the farm lately, and that makes sense: It’s thoroughly in-season, since you can make a batch entirely out of current CSA veggies and common kitchen staples. Plus, since there’s no heating involved, it’s a good option for these 90+ degree days we’ve been having.
Our recipe here is slightly adapted from a recipe that former CSA member Helen A. sent us about this time last year. Makes a great light & cool summer lunch!
Makes about 8 cups of gazpacho. If that’s too much for your blender, you could split the recipe into two or more batches.
1) Collect your ingredients.
2) Wash and core the tomatoes, and put them in the blender.
3) Blend the tomatoes down to make room for the rest of the ingredients. Here’s what my blended tomatoes looked like:
4) Now add the rest of the ingredients to the blender … and blend!
5) Pour everything into a bowl, cover it, and put it into the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour before serving. Ladle into soup bowls for serving. If desired, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with more fresh herbs to serve. Enjoy!